Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Getting excited about scratchboard

I've loved scratchboard as a medium for a few years now. But lately I've been getting very into it.

You can get amazing realism with it, such as in this Duck


But it also captures emotion in a way that I've never had success with in any other medium.


For example - Licorice (my cat) looking intently at possible prey - who would want to be a mouse?

And this piece, entitled "Loneliness"


And you can get great power and beauty out of it, just leaving it black and white, for a dramatic composition


I still pull out my oils, but for the moment, at least, my scratchboard is always close to hand!

If you would like more information on scratchboard - www.scratchboard-art.com or email me at eliza@elizasart.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home